“Talent is never enough. With few exceptions, the best players are the hardest workers” – Magic Johnson
This is a quick, easy and delicious recipe that would be especially ideal for Carb loading in the week/weeks leading up to a big competition or Marathon.
Or a great energy filler for the commencement of the training week.
The Carbs in the Macaroni and Cheese means that it would be a perfect Carb loading dish before a Marathon or a Half especially.
I have used Skimmed Milk in the sauce with the Eggs in order to balance the recipe and ingredients out as it is already a meal that is high in calories and carbs.
The Cheese and Skimmed Milk ensures that you are also getting a great dose of Calcium and protein as well.
250g Macaroni (400 Calories, 1.75g Fat, 81.25g Carbs, 12.75g Protein)
250g Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese ( 1,040 Calories, 87.25g Fat, 2.5g Carbs, 63.5g Protein)
250ml Skimmed Milk ( 93 Calories, 0.3g Fat, 15g Carbs, 7.8g Protein)
2 Eggs ( 156 Calories, 6g Fat, 1.2g Carbs, 1.4g Protein)
1) Cook the Macaroni according to the packet instructions.
2) Mix the Eggs, Skimmed Milk And Cheddar Cheese together well.
3) Place the Macaroni in to a oven bake tray, pour over the Cheese sauce and mix well.
4) Place in a pre-heated oven on gas mark 6 for 15 minutes until crispy brown and bubbling.
5) Serve with a Side Salad and Crusty Bread roll.