“You cannot train alone and expect to run a fast time. There is a formula; 100% of me is nothing compared to the 1% of the whole team. That is teamwork” – Eliud Kipchoge
A delicious, quick and easy salad recipe perfect for everybody.
However, it was especially good for me ahead of Welsh XC Championships back In February.
The Bacon is grilled so a lot of the fat content has seeped away in the cooking process. However, the healthy fats are left and some fat is important too in terms of reliance on as an extra source of fuel during fatigue when your bodies glucose stores begin to diminish.
Boiled or Poached Eggs are low in GI content (low sugar) which helps performance and also aids quicker recovery of muscles in athletes. Also lots of protein and also some calcium in the egg too.
Tons of obvious Vitamins and Minerals/Fibres in the Lettuce and Tomatoes and Onions. Delicious dish.
3 Rashers of Bacon ( 180 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 Eggs ( 156 Calories, 6g Fat, 1.2g Carbs, 14g Protein)
Handful of Iceberg Lettuce ( 20 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes ( 3 Calories, 0g Fat, 0.7g Carbs, 0.2g Protein)
1 Onion ( 12 Calories, 0g Fat, 2.9g Carbs, 0.3g Protein)
1) Grill the Bacon until lovely and crispy brown on both sides and only the healthy fats remain.
2) Meanwhile, boil the Eggs in a Saucepan for 3 minutes, then put them in cold water and then peel the shell.
3) Toast 2 slices of brown wholemeal bread and cut them in to Soldiers and put in to Salad bowl arranging nicely.
4) Mix 1 chopped Shallot with Lettuce leaves broken up and Tomatoes with little vinegar.
5) Once Bacon ready arrange on top of Soldiers, then pour on the Shallot Salad before topping with the Boiled Egg and a grating of Cheese.