“Do not let grossly ignorant people affect your happiness. You have total control over your feelings and your reactions. Like all criticism or gossip, you can let it eat you alive and grow like cancer, or you can choose to let it go and be free of the pain that it can produce. You know the truth.” – Justin Langer
This was absolutely delicious and adding a little vegetable stock adds even more flavoursome feel to the dish along with the steak and vegetables.
The great thing about Stir Fry is it is a great way to get all the nutrients, vitamins and protein you need for the day but it is also relatively simple and easy to make. With a stir fry you can pretty much improvise and add whatever ingredients that you wanted in general.
1 tbsp olive oil ( 123 Calories, 14g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
450g Beef frying steak, cut into 1cm/½in thick slices ( 166 Calories, 4g Fat, 0g Carbs, 32g Protein)
1 red onion, thinly sliced ( 38 Calories, 0g Fat, 8g Carbs, 1g Protein)
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ( 10 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 tbsp soy sauce ( 18 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1 vegetable stock cube mixed with water ( 15 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1 red chilli, thinly sliced ( 18 Calories, 0g Fat, 4g Carbs, 1g Protein)
150g basmati rice ( 351 Calories, 1g Fat, 76g Carbs, 9g Protein)
1 tsp Cornflour ( 16.5 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1) Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and then cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions.
2) Heat the oil in a wok and sprinkle the Beef with cornflour before frying and cooking on a medium heat until cooked and browned but not burnt.
3) Once cooked, remove the Steak pieces from the pan and set aside in a bowl whilst keeping the juices from the Steak in the wok.
4) Add the Red Onion and garlic and fry in the remaining oil and steak juices until beginning to brown.
5) Add the vegetable stock and soy sauce.
6) Return the Steak pieces to the wok with the rest of the stir fry and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
7) Serve with the basmati rice.