“We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome and talented” – Nelson Mandela
Mussels are an inexpensive, sustainable shellfish that give huge boosts to our immune systems and our brains.
Mussels that end up on our supermarket shelves are fished from clean waters and because they gravitate naturally towards plankton when they are in our oceans, the mussels soak up extra nutritious meaty flesh and benefits from mixing with the plankton.
Mussels contain high levels of highly desirable long chain fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
These fats have numerous benefits, which includes improving brain function and reducing inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis. For athletes, this also means they are a good food to aid in recovery. Mussels are also a brilliant source of vitamins and contain lots of important minerals also such as zinc, which helps build immunity.
The iron levels in mussels are so great that they rival those of red meats. It is recommended that we now eat at least 2 meals that contain seafood a week and seafood is a huge important part of a healthy diet.
1 Green Pepper ( 15 Calories, 0g Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g Protein)
3 Tomatoes ( 9 Calories, 0g Fat, 3g Carbs, 0g Protein)
125g Mussels ( 104 Calories, 3g Fat, 4g Carbs, 14g Protein)
125g King Prawns ( 62 Calories, 5g Fat, 1g Carbs, 14g Protein)
BBQ Fajita Spice mix ( 13 Calories, 0g Fat, 3g Carbs, 0g Protein)
4 Tortilla Taco shells ( 200 Calories, 10.5g Fat, 25g Carbs, 2.65g Protein)
2 Avocado’s mashed ( 200 Calories, 20g Fat, 2g Carbs, 2g Protein)
Sour Cream And Chive dip ( 140 Calories, 14g Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g Protein)
25g Grated 30% Less fat Mature Cheddar ( 78.75 Calories, 5.5g Fat, 0.75g Carbs, 6.75g Carbs)
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil ( 120 Calories, 14g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
75g Spinach ( 29 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 3g Fat)
1) Fry the Pepper, mussels, prawns and tomatoes all together for about 5 minutes on a medium to high heat. Pre Heat the oven to 180C.
2) Meanwhile, de-stone the two avocados and mash to form a more healthy, homemade guacamole.
3) Also, grate the cheese ready to top the tacos with.
4) Once the seafood and vegetables finished cooking, add the BBQ spice mix and cook for a further few minutes.
5) Spoon the mixture in to the Taco tortilla shells, top with the grated cheese and guacamole and 2 teaspoons of sour cream on top.