“In my case, I can sincerely say nothing is impossible” – Novak Djokovic
Today is World Kindness Day, so I’m going to let you in on a little secret and share with you this delicious recipe, my absolute favourite treat and dessert.
Pears are a great fruit that are very high in fibre, vitamin c, potassium and even copper. Pears are extremely valuable for boosting gut health and maintaining bowel regularity. The fibres in pears also boost the positive feeding of the healthy bacteria’s in our guts and our stomachs, which are absolutely vital for healthy ageing and improved immunity.
Pears also have anti-diabetes and anti-inflammatory effects. Pears also boost cholesterol and heart health
Oats are generally healthy for us and a key part of our diet also so this is a dessert that is not that high in fat and has lots of health benefits and goodness too it.
You can eat this during training or after an intense few weeks of competition, it does not matter too much.
230g Pears, peeled and sliced ( 80 Calories, 0g Fat, 20g Carbs, 0g Protein)
200g Raspberries ( 45 Calories, 1g Fat, 9g Carbs, 1g Protein)
3 tbsp clear honey ( 163 Calories, 0g Fat, 40.5g Carbs, 1g Protein)
3 tbsp cinnamon ( 36 Calories, 0g Fat, 12g Carbs, 6g Protein)
125g Self Raising flour ( 335 Calories, 1g Fat, 70g Carbs, 10g Protein)
75g Margarine ( 448.5 Calories, 48.75g Fat, 1.5g Carbs, 0.75g Protein)
50g Porridge Oats ( 185 Calories, 0g Fat, 28g Carbs, 6g Protein)
50g Muscavado brown sugar ( 150 Calories, 0g Fat, 40g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1) Pre-heat your oven to 190C/ Gas Mark 5
2) Peel the pears and slice them. Put them in to a large saucepan with the raspberries, sprinkle with a little muscovado sugar and cook on a medium to low heat for about 5-10 minutes until all the fruit is beginning to soften.
2) Once this is done, add the honey and cinnamon to the fruits and set aside to cool.
3) Meanwhile, Put the flour and margarine in a bowl and rub and mix together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
4) Add the oats and brown sugar and mix together.
5) Once the fruit is cooled, add the crumble over the fruits and smoothen out so it is all even.
6) Cook in the oven for 25 minutes until the topping is beginning to golden and the fruit is bubbling.