“Anyone can work out for an hour. But to control what goes on your plate for the other 23 hours. That’s hard work.” – All Day Chemist
This was an absolutely delicious salad, both nice and simple to make and method but delicious at the same time.
As we enter in to Veganuary, for those of you who are vegan or for those who are not but still do not eat that much meat anymore, this is a perfect dish for you. And for those people who say you cannot get as much protein from a diet that excludes a lot of meat, that is not nessecerrily the case.
Avocado is a fruit high in iron but also high in vitamin C and vegetable oils, therefore containing a lot of the healthy, arty oils and acids that contribute towards a healthy glycogen production system. The fat content in a whole avocado is high but the majority of these fats are healthy fats that our bodies need to be healthy.
And just like other vegetables or fruits, such as lentils and chickpeas, there are plenty of alternatives from which we can gain enough protein in our diets without needing to attain a great amount of meat and even protein supplements.
Feta Cheese is reasonably low in fat but also relatively high in protein and especially high in calcium is is one of the more healthiest cheeses we can eat.
1 Ripe Avocado 🥑 ( 240 Calories, 24g Fat, 2g Carbs, 1g Protein)
3/4 medium-large New Potatoes ( 67 Calories, 0g Fat, 14g Carbs, 1g Protein)
50g Feta Cheese ( 138 Calories, 11.5g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 8.5g Protein)
1 tbsp of Light Mayonnaise ( 42 Calories, 4g Fat, 1g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1) Cut the new Potatoes up in to quarters and bring to the boil. Then simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, de-stone the avocado and scoop from its shell. Mash up the avocado and sit aside ready.
3) Drain the Potatoes and then mix and stir with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise in a salad bowl.
4) Add the mashed avocado to the potatoes and mix well again.
5) Finely cut the feta cheese in to small chunks. Such is the texture that some of it will crumble as you cut and put it in anyway.
6) Mix all together well again and now the salad is ready to serve.