“After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody. Even ones own relations” – Oscar Wilde
You might all be wondering why I teased you all and did a countdown to a premiere for such a simple recipe. It was trial and error for future.
But you will see why when you watch the episode and make it for yourselves.
This salad is incredibly tasty but also a recipe that is very easy to make.
You are getting nearly all of your five a day in one serving with this meal too, and the presence of the fresh, uncooked brown onion adds a lovely sharpness to it too.
The mixture of the feta and parmegianno cheeses together mixed in with the salad give some off an incredible aroma, and even from the incredible smell of the salad when it was finished I could tell it was great even before I ate it.
You are actually getting a lot of protein from this dish too, with eggs and feta cheese quite high in protein.
2 Eggs ( 134 Calories, 10g Fat, 2g Carbs, 14g Protein)
1 Brown Onion ( 38 Calories, 1g Fat, 8g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1/2 Cucumber, washed and sliced ( 5 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 Tomatoes, washed and sliced ( 28 Calories, 0g Fat, 6g Carbs, 2g Protein)
Handful of Lettuce leaves ( 14 Calories, 0g Fat, 2g Carbs, 1g Protein)
25g Parmegianno ( 39 Calories, 3g Fat, 1g Carbs, 3g Protein)
50g Feta Cheese ( 138 Calories, 11.5g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 8.5g Protein)
1 tbsp Olive Oil ( 120 Calories, 14g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1) Boil the eggs on a high heat.
2) Meanwhile, Chop the onion and put in a salad bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and stir well.
3) Add the cucumber, tomato and lettuce leaves and mix well again.
4) When the eggs are boiled, run cold water over them. Peel the shell off and add them to the salad.
5) Garnish with the grated Parmesan cheese and crumbled feta cheese.
6) Mix well altogether once more and serve.