“ To eat is nessecerry. But to eat intelligently is an art”
This is an absolutely deliciously tasty dish that you can concoct even with the minimum ingredients in your stock cupboard.
There are minimum ingredients involved and very easy to make but it will not leave you dissapointed. It is an ideal dish if you need something healthy but quick and easy with minimum time and effort required.
At the same time you are also getting the more than half of your five a day in this dish, and the Red Kidney Beans are a great source of protein and iron.
Any pulses such as Kidney Beans, Chickpeas, Lentils etc are especially great for us and if you do not already, I highly recommend you experiment and try eating more.
3 Medium sized Potatoes, chopped ( 117 Calories, 5g Fat, 15g Carbs, 2g Protein)
3 medium sized carrots, topped, tailed and chopped ( 72 Calories, 3g Fat, 12g Carbs, 3g Protein)
400g Red Kidney Beans ( 126 Calories, 1g Fat, 15g Carbs, 10g Protein)
400g Tinned Tomatoes ( 84 Calories, 0g Fat, 16g Carbs, 4g Protein)
1) Bring a salted saucepan of water to the boil.
2) Add the chopped potato and carrots and simmer on a medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes.
3) Drain the vegetables but save a quarter of the water that they have been cooking in.
4) Add the chopped tomatoes and the kidney beans.
5) Bring to the boil once again and then simmer for another 10 minutes.
6) Add 3 Large spoons of Harissa spice.
7) Once the 10 minutes are up, ladle in to bowls and tuck in.