“You can’t expect to feel like a million bucks if you eat from the dollar menu”
I made this 😋 dish after my training session today and believe me, you will absolutely fall in love with 😍 this Salad when you make it.
This dish has so much goodness to it. Especially for refuelling after such an intense S & C session and 🏃♂️ training session.
Boiled potatoes contain a fair amount of protein whilst 🥑 is full of iron.
In this dish you are also getting 3 of your 5 fruit and vegetables a day which is of utmost importance not just for Sports but for general health and well-being.
The benefits of eating a lot more fruit and vegetables and cutting down on the amount of meat you eat are that the majority of fresh fruits and vegetables have a low Carbohydrate content and therefore low in sugar and contribute hugely to a low GI diet.
This is important for Sports training as it enables us to perform at our best both in training and race day at a high intensity for longer.
And with my long run day coming up tomorrow or Friday, it’s the kind of thing I need to be consuming in order to peak and finish off the week well.
4 Sausages, pricked a few times each side ( 368 Calories, 28g Fat, 12g Carbs, 16g Protein)
5 Rashers of Bacon, finely sliced ( 204 Calories, 12g Fat, 2g Carbs, 22g Protein)
3 Large Potatoes, finely diced ( 103 Calories, 0g Fat, 21.75g Carbs, 3g Protein)
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise ( 35 Calories, 4g Fat, 1g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1 Avocado, sliced ( 198 Calories, 20g Fat, 2g Carbs, 2g Protein)
6 Lettuce leaves, washed and shredded ( 20 Calories, 2g Fat, 1g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1 brown onion, finely diced ( 38 Calories, 1g Fat, 8g Carbs, 1g Protein)
25g Feta Cheese ( 83 Calories, 7g Fat, 0g Carbs, 5g Protein)
1) Bring the Potatoes to the boil in a saucepan of salted water. Reduce the heat and then simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, fry the Sausage and diced Bacon in a tbsp of olive oil with the teaspoon of chilli flakes for between 5-8 minutes on a medium heat, until they are beginning to cook nicely but not burning.
3) Remove the Sausage from the panand slice up in to even slices and put back in to the pan. Add the diced onion and continue cooking the Sausage, bacon and onion together for a few more minutes.
4) Drain the Potatoes in a colander and then run under the cold tap for a little while to cool them down and add them to a large salad mixing bowl.
5) Add the tablespoon of Mayonnaise to the potatoes and stir and mix well.
6) Wash the Lettuce in the colander, then shred and rip it in to smaller pieces with your hands. Add it to the salad bowl with the potatoes and mayonnaise.
7) Add the cooked sausage, bacon and brown onion and feta cheese. Mix everything thoroughly and we’ll ensuring that everything is coated in the mayonnaise.
8) Serve garnished with the sliced avocado and accompanied by some toasted bread.