“What you eat in private, you wear in Public”
150g Macaroni ( 240 Calories, 1.5g Fat, 49.5g Carbs, 7.5g Protein)
30g Butter ( 192 Calories, 21g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 tbsp self raising flour ( 90 Calories, 0g Fat, 20g Carbs, 3g Protein)
1 tsp French Mustard ( 8 Calories, 1g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
300ml Skimmed milk ( 108 Calories, 0g Fat, 15g Carbs, 4g Protein)
50g Mature Cheddar cheese, grated ( 195 Calories, 16g Fat, 0g Carbs, 13g Protein)
1 crust of bread, ripped in to pieces using your hands ( 110 Calories, 2g Fat, 18g Carbs, 4g Protein)
4 stalks of Asparagus, topped, tailed and finely chopped ( 22 Calories, 1g Fat, 4g Carbs, 2g Protein)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180-200C
2) Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook for according to the packet instructions until al dente. When cooked, drain the macaroni, wash with cold water and then place ready in to a Pyrex dish.
3) Meanwhile, heat the 30g of butter in a pan on a medium to low heat. Stir in the flour and mustard to make a roux.
4) Now Add the milk little by little, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens. Season well with Salt and Pepper.
5) Once the sauce is thickened, pour over the macaroni in the Pyrex dish. Stir macaroni and sauce together thoroughly, mixing well until all the macaroni is coated in the sauce.
6) Add the asparagus to the macaroni now and stir and mix everything well again.
7) Sprinkle the ripped bread crust on top.
8) Bake in the oven for about 15- 20 minutes