“If at first you don’t succeed, you are Running about average” – MH Anderson
This was extremely tasty, the combination of the chorizo itself but also the juices from the chorizo combining really well with the sweet potato, tomato and onion really adds great flavours.
It is very colourful too, lots of varying colours and that’s what I like to shine through in my food.
Its topped with Spinach and poached egg too, so much goodness in one dish. Really is an ideal brunch.
Chorizo ring, finely diced (135 Calories, 12g Fat, 1g Carbs, 6g Protein)
100g Spinach ( 23 Calories, 0g Fat, 4g Carbs, 3g Protein)
3 Eggs ( 211 Calories, 15g Fat, 3g Carbs, 21g Protein)
3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and finely chopped ( 86 Calories, 1g Fat, 17g Carbs, 2g Protein)
1/2 a courgette, finely chopped ( 17 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 Onion shallots, finely diced ( 11.5 Calories, 0g Fat, 1.5g Carbs, 1g Protein)
2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped ( 25 Calories, 1g Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g Protein)
200g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes ( 36 Calories, 0g Fat, 5g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1 tbsp olive oil ( 123 Calories, 14g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6.
2) Fry the Chorizo in the tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes on a high heat until the juices are well and truly emanating from the chorizo and the oil is now a red colour with the juices from the chorizo.
3) Spoon the Chorizo in to a bowl and set aside until later, but reserving the oil in the pan.
4) Fry the Onion and Sweet Potato in the saucepan in the chorizo juices and oil for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
5) Halfway through, add the tomatoes and cook further until the tomatoes are beginning to soften and mix in well with the potato and onion. In the last few minutes of cooking, add the Courgette.
6) Add the chopped tomatoes and to the vegetables and then add the chorizo and stir thoroughly and mix well. Spoon in to a Pyrex dish and cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in a saucepan using a little hot water.
8) Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Then, Poach the eggs for a few minutes on a low heat. You want the yolk to still be runny when serving.
9) After the 15 minutes in the oven, remove the hash and garnish and top with the wilted spinach and poached eggs.