“I accept that people will call me awful things every day, and I will always defend their right to do so” – Barack Obama
I made this delicious Garlic Mushroom dish today with sourdough bread, and believe me it was so delicious.
When you cut the toasted bread, the combination of the flavours from the butter mixed with the avocado salsa/dressing joining together with the strongly infused mushrooms made this absolutely incredibly tasty to eat.
The salad compliments it very well also.
The teamwork of the Spinach and the feta gives you a supremely Iron filled, rich salad that is in itself incredibly satisfying and delicious. And drizzling a little dressing over the salad adds an incredible finishing touch.
It is a great, delicious recipe that doesn’t take overly long to make, but it will leave you wanting more.
100g Button Mushrooms ( 16 Calories, 1g Fat, 0g Carbs, 2g Protein)
4 cloves of garlic, finely diced and a little crushed ( 13 Calories, 0g Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1 tbsp butter ( 74 Calories, 8g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
3 tbsp olive oil ( 369 Calories, 42g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 thick slices of fresh sourdough bread ( 172 Calories, 4g Fat, 28g Carbs, 6g Protein)
1 Avocado ( 240 Calories, 24g Fat, 2g Carbs, 2g Protein)
1 Red Chilli, de-seeded and finely diced ( 4 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
3 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt ( 23 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 1.5g Protein)
2 tbsp tropical fruit juice ( 24 Calories, 0g Fat, 5g Carbs, 0g Protein)
100g Spinach ( 29 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 3g Protein)
25g Feta cheese ( 85 Calories, 7g Fat, 0g Carbs, 5g Protein)
1/4 Cucumber, finely chopped ( 10 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Carbs, 1g Protein)
50g fresh parsley, finely diced ( 51 Calories, 1g Fat, 6g Carbs, 3g Protein)
1) Fry the Garlic on a high heat for a few minutes in a tablespoon of olive oil and the tablespoon of butter until well cooked and golden.
2) Once the Garlic is golden, add the mushrooms and cook for approximately 5 minutes on a medium heat. Once nearly done, add 3/4 of the Parsley to the mushrooms and the rest keep aside to add to the salad.
3) Then reduce the heat and just simmer the mushrooms on a very low heat whilst you prepare the salad, the salsa/dressing and bread.
4) Put the Spinach in a big salad bowl and pour over the spinach 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix all the spinach well so that it wilts a little.
5) Add the cucumber and the rest of the parsley, then crumble the feta all over the salad and mix everything together well.
6) Now make your tropical salsa/dressing.
7) Mash up the avocado using a fork and place in a small bowl. Add the very finely chopped chilli and a tablespoon of olive oil. Then add the Greek yoghurt and the tropical juice and mix all together thoroughly.
8) Add a little of the tropical avocado salsa/dressing to the salad and mix well again but save the majority to spread on the bread.
9) Cut 2 nice thick slices of the sourdough bread and toast them for a few minutes.
10) Once toasted, spread with the tropical avocado salsa/dressing.
11) Top the bread with the Garlic mushrooms and serve accompanied with the Spinach and Feta salad.