“I Want to be a better player. And there’s no better way of showing it than on the pitch. It doesn’t matter what team I play for” – Robert Lewandowski
1 Onion, finely diced ( 13 Calories, 0g Fat, 16g Carbs, 1g Protein)
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced ( 10 Calories, 0g Fat, 2g Carbs, 0g Protein)
2 Plum Tomatoes ( 6 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Carbs, 0g Protein)
Tomato & Vegetable Sauce ( 65 Calories, 3g Fat, 7g Carbs, 1g Protein)
175g Wholewheat Penne ( 347 Calories, 2g Fat, 70g Carbs, 11g Protein)
50g Feta Cheese ( 140 Calories, 12g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 8g Protein)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180C
2) Fry the onion and garlic together in a large frying with a generous tablespoon of olive oil on a medium to high heat. Cook them until the onions are golden brown and the flavours from both mix nicely.
3) Add the tomatoes and continue cooking until tomatoes soften deliciously and they mix in well with the onion and garlic so that all three combined have a hint of a red colour developing.
4) Now add the tomato & vegetable pasta sauce and mix everything together well.
5) Put the pasta in a Pyrex dish. Pour the pasta bake sauce on top of the Penne and mix everything thoroughly so that the pasta is thoroughly mixed in with all of the sauce. Then add a cupful of water because unlike on the hob, when you bake pasta the liquid around it dries up so you don’t want the bake to be too dry.
6) Add the Feta cheese now. Layer it on the top neatly to start and place in the oven. As the cheese begins to melt during cooking, stir and mix the bake thoroughly again twice during cooking time so that gradually the feta is mixed all through the bake not just at the top.
7) Cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
8) Serve with a side salad.