“Sometimes you have to put your balls on the line” – Warren Gatland
This really was such a tasty salad to make.
But still it was absolutely delicious and so nutritious you really should try it at home.
I really love feta cheese, it adds that lovely Greek feel to foods and it just adds even more flavour to nearly everything that you add it too.
Not to mention that it is high in Calcium. The other day when I did my run someone told me that because they turned Vegan they think that they got injured because they neglected to ensure that they took on enough calcium to ensure healthy bones and to promote that growth of the bones on rest days that I talked about before.
It is possible to get sufficient protein from things like lentils, Chickpeas, Sweet Potato, Cannellini beans, kidney beans, kale, spinach etc. However, if you are going to go completely vegan and cut out milk, yoghurt, cheese and egg too, then you somehow need to make sure you research and find a way whereby you are able to find an alternative source that will still give you the adequate and sufficient amounts of calcium’s that you need.
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and finely diced ( 60 Calories, 0g Fat, 14g Carbs, 1g Protein)
50g Kale ( 19.5 Calories, 0.5g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 1.5g Protein)
3 celery sticks, finely diced ( 10 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Carbs, 1g Protein)
Tin of Cannellini beans ( 210 Calories, 1g Fat, 31g Carbs, 17g Protein)
50g feta cheese ( 166 Calories, 14g Fat, 0g Carbs, 10g Protein)
2 tbsp olive oil ( 270 Calories, 30g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180-200C
2) Drizzle the peeled and finely diced Sweet Potato with a tablespoon of olive oil all over and roast in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until the potato is lovely and crispy but not burning or burnt.
3) Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad.
4) Mix the kale and celery together thoroughly with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season very well with salt and pepper.
5) Then add the Cannellini beans and mix everything together thoroughly again.
6) When the Sweet Potato is Roasted, remove from oven and add straight in to the salad. Mix everything well again.
7) Crumble the Feta cheese on top of the salad and then mix all together one more time and then serve.