“I dare you to train for a Marathon and not have it change your life” – Susan Sidoriak
This pie was so delicious and tasty. Whilst chopping the Celery sticks up finely, as you will see in my Cookalong video of it, I deliberately still left the Celery in reasonably large enough chunks because my doing so it ensures that you must take the time to chew your food and enjoy it even more.
By including larger chunks of fibre in your food and colourful vegetables, remember, you will chew your food and spend more time eating your meal and hence your stomach has time to digest the food bit by bit and then you will feel full and satisfied at the end of the meal and no table wanting more to eat and also you feel full for a long time.
Also, the mixture and combination of the cheeses adds SO much flavour to this dish and really makes it an incredibly tasty meal to enjoy.
500g baby potatoes, peeled and finely diced ( 380 Calories, 2g Fat, 4g Carbs, 6g Protein)
1 shallot ( 6 Calories, 0g Fat, 0.75g Carbs, 0.5g Protein)
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced ( 13 Calories, 0g Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g Protein)
1/2 tbsp olive oil ( 135 Calories, 15g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
5 Celery sticks, finely diced ( 15 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
100ml Double Cream ( 243 Calories, 24g Fat, 4g Carbs, 3g Protein)
25g Philadelphia cream cheese ( 68 Calories, 6g Fat, 1g Carbs, 2g Protein)
25g feta cheese ( 69 Calories, 5.75g Fat, 0.25g Carbs, 4.25g Protein)
30g Cheddar cheese, grated ( 117 Calories, 10g Fat, 1g Carbs, 8g Protein)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180-200C
2) Bring the baby potatoes to the boil in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Then turn the heat down a little and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3) Fry the Onion and the garlic together in half a tablespoon of olive oil in a wok until golden brown but not burnt.
4) Add the Celery to the onion and garlic and turn down the heat to a medium to low heat.
5) For the sauce base mix of the pie, whisk the double cream and the cream cheese together in a measuring jug or bowl.
6) Pour the sauce over the celery, onion and garlic in the wok and stir thoroughly.
7) Add the feta cheese to the sauce and stir well and thoroughly again.
8) Pour the Celery and Cheese pie base in to a Pyrex dish.
9) Drain the Potatoes in a colander and mash thoroughly with a little butter.
10) Spoon the mashed potato on top of the pie mixture and using a spoon 🥄 spread evenly over the top of the pie so that all the contents are topped and covered with the mash potato.
11) Top the mashed potato with the grated Cheddar cheese and then bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until the cheddar on top is bubbling and frothing nicely and golden coloured.
12) Serve the pie with vegetables and jacket potato or whatever vegetables you prefer.