“Float like a Butterfly, sting like a bee. The hand can’t hit what the eye can’t see’- Muhammad Ali
I made this delicious pre- training brunch last Sunday and it really was absolutely delicious.
This dish also contains three of your five a day in one sitting. You can do all the work and training that you want, but if your not setting yourself nutrition targets and your diet is off, you won’t maximise your gains.
You yourself are the biggest obstacle to bettering yourself. Did you eat your 5 portions today or everyday?
I love motivating people and inspiring people and am extremely passionate about Nutrition, but the very first big step you must take is to want to improve yourself.
For the Hollandaise Sauce
3 eggs ( 138 Calories, 7g Fat, 2g Carbs, 16g Protein)
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard ( 5 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
100g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt ( 78 Calories, 2g Fat, 7g Carbs, 9g Protein)
Juice of 1 lemon ( 12 Calories, 0g Fat, 4g Carbs, 0g Protein)
Vegetarian Eggs Benedict
1 tsp olive oil ( 40 Calories, 5g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Protein)
100g Mushrooms, finely diced ( 16 Calories, 1g Fat, 0g Carbs, 2g Protein)
100g Asparagus, finely diced ( 29 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 3g Protein)
3 Eggs ( 138 Calories, 7g Fat, 2g Carbs, 16g Protein)
3 Wholemeal rolls ( 360 Calories, 3g Fat, 60g Carbs, 18g Protein)
1 Avocado, finely sliced ( 322 Calories, 29g Fat, 17g Carbs, 4g Protein)
1) Prepare the hollandaise sauce ready. Crack 3 eggs in a small saucepan and whisk together with the low fat Greek yoghurt and lemon juice. Whisk until thickened but not too thick, still a little runny. Set aside for now.
2) Fry the Mushrooms on a medium to high heat in the olive oil until beginning to brown.
3) Add the asparagus and continue cooking until the asparagus is also well cooked.
4) Once the mushrooms and asparagus are cooked, set aside for a few minutes.
5) Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Once brought to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and crack the eggs in to the water but make you crack them as close to the water level and drop them in to the water as slowly as possible so as to give yourself the best chance of having perfect poached eggs.
6) Cook the eggs for about 4-5 minutes
7) Whilst the eggs are cooking, toast the whole meal rolls and butter ready on a plate.
8) Top the wholemeal rolls with the sliced avocado, then top the avocado with the mushrooms and asparagus.
9) Just before the egg are done, quickly heat the hollandaise sauce on a high heat.
10) Top everything with a poached egg and serve garnished with the hollandaise sauce.