“What you put in to it is what you get out of it” – Mo Farah
100g Cooked Beetroot, finely sliced
1/2 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, grated
50g Carrot and Swede diced pieces
3 tbsp honey 🍯
20 ml merlot
100ml Vegetable stock with water
25g frozen broccoli florets
( 375.66 Calories, 3.4g Fat, 38.1g Carbs, 4.83g Protein)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180C.
2) Place the diced beetroot in a jug. Add the 3 tablespoons of honey and then stir thoroughly for a few minutes until the Beetroot is all covered and coated in the honey.
3) Now place the Beetroot on a baking tray and top with the onion and garlic and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
4) When there are only 10 minute songs left of cooking, bring a saucepan to the boil and add the diced Swede and carrot pieces and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) When finished, mash the Swede and carrot together with a little butter and milk.
6) With just a few minutes of cooking left, add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes in boiling water in another saucepan.
7) Remove the Beetroot and serve on top of the Swede and carrot mash. Drain the broccoli and decorate the edges with the broccoli.
8) For the gravy, mix 100ml of 2 vegetable stock cubes with water along with the leftover beetroot juice and the red wine together and in a little saucepan evaporate some of the alcohol and thicken for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
9) When Done, spoon over the dinner and serve.