Medallion Steaks are the best of all Steaks to eat as they are very high in Protein but extremely low in fat compared to a lot of their steak family.
For a meat dish for a Sportsman or Runner in general, this equates to one of THE perfect combinations. It is quite high in Calories ( when you train and run the miles that Runners do you do not need to worry so much about Calories and you need high calories anyway), very high in protein and high in Carbs but extremely low in fat.
The general dish is high in fat but 75% of these are healthy fats that are beneficial to us and that are good for our health and that we don’t need to worry about.
1 Steak Medallion
4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
4 Celery Sticks, finely chopped
50g Peppercorn Sauce
100ml Beef stock with water
1 tbsp avocado oil
( 425 Calories, 20.5g Fat, 36g Carbs, 31.5g Protein)
1) Bring to the boil a Saucepan of boiling water. Add your chopped carrot and sweet potato with a little salt and cook on a medium heat for about 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, put the avocado oil in to a large frying pan ready. With about 8 minutes left on the vegetables boiling, heat up the frying pan on a high heat for 2 minutes to ensure the pan and oil are piping hot before putting your steak in.
3) Put your Steak in the pan and cook on a medium to high heat for 6 minutes for medium (3 minutes each side). Time the 3 minutes each side exactly using a stopwatch or phone.
4) At the same time, in a colander wilt your spinach using some hot water and heat up your peppercorn sauce in a small saucepan.
5) When’s you’re steak is done, take it off the heat to settle for a few minutes before slicing and plating.
6) Drain your sweet potato and carrot and then mash using a little milk.
7) After slicing the steak, put in the peppercorns sauce and stir well before plating.
8) Chop your celery and then plate everything up.
9) Make 100ml gravy using beef stock granules and water and then pour over.
10) Ready to Serve