- DON’T DIET
- It’s important to eat well and not restrict! Eat a lot of nutrient dense food and fibre. Restricting food will damage your metabolism.
- If you go on crash diets; this will result in you burning muscle tissue which means you’ll build up more visceral fat.
2) GO TO BED EARLIER
- The less sleep you get and the more stressed you are; the more visceral fat you are likely to build.
3) EAT MORE PROTEIN
- You’re body needs this to maintain lean muscle but protein also boosts post-meal caloric burning by 35%.
4) TRY TO GO ORGANIC
- Foods with pesticides can cause organochlorines to be stored in fat cells, which can lead to a greater than normal dip in metabolism as you lose weight. Try to buy more organically grown fruit and vegetables.
5) STAND UP MORE OFTEN
- The less we sit down during the day the better for our waistlines.
6) DRINK MORE WATER
- Drinking 6 cups of water a day raises your metabolism by 50 Calories a day- which helps you burn 5 pounds a year on average.
7) EAT MORE PEPPERS & SPICES
- Eating peppers and spices also raises our metabolisms.
8) MAKE SURE THAT YOU EAT BREKKIE
- It’s important that you eat Breakfast. People who skip breakfast are 4 and a 1/2 times more likely to be obese or overweight. Breakfast is hugely important to kick start our metabolisms each day.
9) DRINK MORE COFFEE AND TEA
- A good old fashioned cuppa can boost your metabolism by 12% and a moderate dose of caffeine can help burn 98-174 Calories a day.
10) EAT FIBRE
- Fibre can allegedly speed up the burning of fat by 30%. Make sure you are eating a lot of fibre your foods that also increase satiety and help you feel fuller off lower calories.
11) MAKE SURE YOUR IRON INTAKE IS SUFFICIENT
- If your iron intake Is low; as well as suffering mood swings or energy dips you will also be slowing down the speed and regularity at which your body burns fat. Iron is important for carrying the Oxygen that our muscles need to burn fat.
12) Eat a lot of Vitamin D in order to help preserve muscle tissue.
13) DRINK MILK & EAT A LOT OF CALCIUM
- Calcium deficiency can slow down metabolism. By consuming a lot of Calcium you will not only boost your metabolism and bone health but calcium also helps reduce the amount of fat absorbed from other foods.
14) EAT WATERMELON
- Amino acids in Watermelon boost metabolism.
15) KEEP HYDRATED
- Dehydration might cause you to burn 2% fewer calories so it’s important that you keep hydrated.