750g Unsmoked Gammon Joint
175g baby potatoes, chopped in halves
1 Leek, roughly diced
50ml Single cream
25g mature cheddar cheese
2 tbsp self raising flour
2 tbsp olive oil
200ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp butter
20g Parsley, finely diced
( 2285.5 Calories, 129g Fat, 86g Carbs, 195.25g Protein)
Nutrition in 1 serving
( 761.83 Calories, 43g Fat, 28.66g Carbs, 65.083g Protein)
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 5. Wrap the ham in foil and put in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove the foil and Cook for the last 30 minutes without the foil.
2. With 1 hour of cooking left on the ham, begin prepping the vegetables. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes on a low heat, then drain in a colander. While they are boiling, pre heat a baking tray with the oil so that the oil is hot when you add the potatoes to it. Add the potatoes and put back in oven for 45 minutes, turning once during cooking.
3. Cook the leek with a little butter for a few minutes on a Low heat and then the peas and continue cooking for a few minutes more. Then add the cream and the cheese and stir well and simmer for a few minutes.
4. For the parsley sauce, put your flour in to a saucepan and gradually add all the milk bit by bit and stir constantly until you get a thick sauce but without lumps. Then add your butter and chopped parsley and simmer a few minutes more before removing from the heat.
5) Carve the ham and serve with the leek and peas, potatoes and parsley sauce.