390g Pork Belly
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 Cauliflower, chopped
100g Diced pancetta
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp self raising flour
1/2 pint skimmed milk
50g Red Leicester cheese
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
( 1717.5 Calories, 110.5g Fat, 108.5g Carbs, 71g Protein)
Nutrition in 1 serving
( 858.75 Calories, 55.25g Fat, 54.25g Carbs, 35.5g Protein)
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/180C
2. Bring two saucepans of boiling water to the boil and then simmer the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes and the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the bbq sauce in a small dish and then dip the pork bellies in to the sauce, ensuring they are mostly covered and then place in a large frying pan and fry in the olive oil for 8 minutes each side.
4. To make the cauliflower cheese sauce, fry the pancetta in a saucepan with the butter on a high heat for a few minutes, then add the flour and then add the milk, stirring or whisking until sauce is smooth and still a little thick, but without lumps. Add the grated Red Leicester cheese, pour over the drained cauliflower, stir well and then place in a Pyrex dish and cook in oven for 5-10 minutes.
5. Drain the sweet potatoes and the new mash till creamy with a little butter and milk.
6. Serve the pork belly with the sweet potato and cauliflower cheese on the side.