- As well as being great fuel for long runs, these carbs are also high in anti-inflammatory bodies. Try to eat them every other day.
2. Mixed berries
- Berries can reduce the risk of neuron loss and improve mental performance. I personally love berries and have them daily on my porridge and find they are a great start to the day. Try to eat berries at least twice a week.
3. Colourful Veggies
- Colour in food means food Is rich in anti-oxidants, which can help protect neurons. Definitely try to eat these once a day.
- Rich in folate, which can possibly reduce the rate of brain decline. Again try to eat some form of greens once a day.
- High in fibre, fat and vitamin E. Not only are they full of fibre but they are also good for memory and our brains. Try to eat daily.
6. Olive Oil
- High in healthy fats, olive oil protects our blood vessels and even those in our brain. Try to eat daily.
- Vitamin B12 in chicken or turkey could help reduce speed of age related decline in the brain. Try to eat once a week.
- Omega 3 fats in fish are crucial for the development and maintenance of brain health. Eat at least once a week.
9. Whole grains
- Vitamins B & E in whole grains like whole wheat, oats, rice, quinoa etc may also decrease risk of compounds linked to Alzheimer’s. Try to eat these 3 times a day.