Skip to content
- Beetroot juice has become a popular supplement for many athletes, many of them runners especially.
- Beetroot is a rich source of many anti-oxidants and drinking beet juice raises nitric oxide levels in our bodies
- This nitric oxide increases blood flow, improves lung function and strengthens muscular contraction.
- Beetroot also greatly improves our cardio-respiratory system and fitness because it opens up our blood vessels so that an increased amount of oxygenised blood can work it’s way to our muscles.
- Nitric oxide also ensures that a much greater oxygen intake inside the muscles 💪 is able to occur.
- Beet juice has allegedly been shown to improve performance by 16%
- Beetroot juice can help athletes increase their anaerobic threshold. Because it can increase Oxygen capacity allowing athletes to work longer before reaching exercise failure or reaching fatigue.
- To top it all off, beetroot can also help to reduce blood pressure